Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I’ve Read In 2016
I didn’t read as many books in the past year as I usually do – even more, I’ve been quite absent so what I feel maybe underrated, was actually not. LOL Anyway. I couldn’t come up with 10 – but here is my list!
This book you guys. I love Love LOVE it. It’s a hard book to read at times, but the journey that we take with Pearl is a beautiful one.
Fear the Drowning Deep
Creepy as H. It has this serious dark, haunting undertone and I can’t believe it doesn’t have more buzz.
You Were Here
The formatting of this book is amazing. Told from the POV of all 5 characters, but in different formats (first person, third, pictures, etc.) and the story is a beautiful one.
I don’t cry often in books, but this one had me ugly crying. It’s beautifully written and I love everything unfolds.
The Woman in the Photo
This was a different read for me. There are two stories being told within the pages – one of Elizabeth 1888 and Elizabeth in the present day. Their stories align in a way that’s obvious but not. But I loved the journey of them both.
Tell Me Your Thoughts
- Have you read any of these? What did you think?
- What are some books you’ve read this past year you feel are underrated?
Latest posts by tonyalee (see all)
- My Extremely Late Monthly Re-Cap // February Wrap Up 2017 - March 18, 2017
- Middle Grade Madness // March Link Up - March 1, 2017
- Middle Grade Madness // February Link Up - February 5, 2017