I am so excited to be participating in the 2015 Book Blogger #LoveAThon. This is my 1st year participating! To find out more about the event, visit the introduction post and sign up! Better late than never right!?
The two day event consists of spreading the love for bloggers and their blogs by commenting, following, tweeting and more! Plus, with an added flare of mini challenges, there are several ways to meet new people and get to know them better. Plus, Giveaways!
To kick off the event, the first post is an interview!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Georgia! I have been here for almost 5 years now.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I was a stay at home mom at the time – and I actually had a personal vent blog where I would vent about being a mom or any other personal things that came to mind. Then one day I saw a review on Goodreads that made my blood boil; so I decided to start putting my own thoughts on Goodreads (although I had been a member for years, I never reviewed). I was browsing the internet and stumbled on a book blog. So, I took my personal blog + Books = Lilybloombooks. The rest is history.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Heh. So, many people think that my name is Lily – which is funny but an assumption I would make too. Lilies are my favorite flower, and since I was new and BLOOMING into the community I used Bloom and put it all together. It actually took me days to come up with a name. (And I thought of better ones after!)
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
On this blog? Young Adult.. everything. I have a new love for fantasy at the moment – which is funny. But I love romance & mystery/thrillers too!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I have WHEN I’M NOT BLOGGING, which is relatively new. These are posts that showcase small things that I am up be when not blogging.
Random Rants and Rambling is my discussion feature.
Weekly wrap up posts – which showcases my 10 THINGS. (They are actually pretty funny, if you wanna check em out!) And this coming week I will start doing Top Ten Tuesday.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Meeting people. Not just forming online relationships, but real life friendships with bloggers and authors alike. It’s so nice to have people you have so much in common with, everywhere!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Diversity. There are so many of us with different love(s), passions and favorites. There are so many different blogs out there, there is really something for everyone! And knowing that we aren’t ALL THE SAME is awesome. There is always someone to debate with, recommend a genre you aren’t familiar with and always new people to meet.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
- The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray
- Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes #2) by Sarah Fine
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Guards of the Shadowlands by Sarah Fine! I have SO MUCH love for this series and it blows my mind how many people have not read it!
11. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Well, I am a mom. So there’s that 🙂 Aside from that, I like to do crafts and bake. And I love working in the garden too.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
SHOES. I love me some shoes.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
At the moment? The Way I Are (Timbaland and ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. & Sebastian) Bailando (Enrique Iglesias – ft. Sean Paul, Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona) My Immortal (Evanescence). Lips are Movin (Meghan Trainor) Demons (Imagine Dragons)
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I would love to see the Kate Daniels series turned into a TV show. OH! The BDB series (as an HBO show, of course! *wags eye brows*
That’s it! I had a lot of fun answering these questions! Hope to see/talk ya soon!
Latest posts by tonyalee (see all)
- My Extremely Late Monthly Re-Cap // February Wrap Up 2017 - March 18, 2017
- Middle Grade Madness // March Link Up - March 1, 2017
- Middle Grade Madness // February Link Up - February 5, 2017